Friday, November 12, 2010

Woodsmoke in Winter



So not to bore you all to tears with my Na Craga posts I have some beautiful finished objects to show off. I have recently been ripping though Brave New Knits, making one accessory after another. I already showed you my Orchid Thief Shawlette by Ysolda Teague, and like my shawlette I have made another project with madelinetosh tosh merino light.

I am a huge knit blog junkie and one of the people that got me hooked is the famous Jared Flood of BrooklynTweed. He actually took all the spectacular pictures in Brave New Knits, which is one of the main features of his blog that rocketed him to super stardom in the knitting world. He can take a photograph of the most simple scarf and unlock the hidden beauty under the ribbing. I hope to meet him one day to tell him how much his art has inspired me.



Pattern: Woodsmoke Scarf by Jared Flood
Needles: Addi Turbo US 6 40", Hiya Hiya US 6 DPN
Notions: A buttload of waste yarn, Boye Crochet G Hook

The Woodsmoke Scarf isn't the most simple scarf to knit, but it maintains the aesthetic ease and rustic charm that trademarks all of Jared's patterns. It's deliciously wearable made with one skein of tosh merino light in amber trinket and one skein of Kid Merino by Crystal Palace in Sand. I used up both skeins of yarn almost entirely-about a yard left on the kid merino and 10 left on the tosh merino light. I decided that the madelinetosh was too pretty not to use for the whole scarf, but something extra was needed for the lace edging. I picked up the kid merino on a whim and used it as a carry along, by the end I had something we all were enchanted with. The light haziness that the kid merino brought to the scarf seemed to enhance the rustic charm and make it more romantic. It's being held hostage at the shop right now, but it will be coming home with me soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment