Monday, November 15, 2010

TWIST and Shout, Hurray!

The Winter 2010 issue of Twist Collective is up today! I have blogged before about how much I love Twist Collective-they never fail to deliver beautiful designs and this issue was no different. And if you are wondering, Twist doesn't pay me to advertise for them, I just love them so much that I can't help but push every knitter I know to their publications-so go there NOW!


I had quite a rambunctious and fun-filled weekend, so by Monday 12:00 a.m. I was shaking myself awake for the Winter debut of Twist. I looked through the entire issue, articles and all, and promptly fell into a deep, peaceful slumber dreaming about all the gorgeous things I would make.

Before I continue with my gushfest over Twist, I will say that I know I have to work on my own designs, but who says I can't have a little something extra for myself on the side? Now for the gushing...

I will be downloading Leaving immediately-I have always loved Anne's lace designs, I made her Wing o' the Moth shawl for my Mommie a few years ago. So I especially love that she has applied her crazy lace skills to a very wearable garment that can be either a cardigan or pullover. Personally, I think I will be making the cardigan, but I have this feeling that I will be getting a few family and friend requests for the pullover.


I am, of course, thinking about using Madelinetosh tosh merino light for Leaving. We got a call at the shop from Texas this week- madelinetosh HQ informed us that our large shipment is going into production and will be arriving THIS WEEK! YAY! My heart is skipping beats every time I remember this (or maybe it's the carafe of coffee I drank? or both?) I get first dibs on color choices, so I will be putting some skeins aside for this one.

There are several more designs that I want to queue up as well. I had a gasp! moment when I saw Chambord-I don't know what yarn I will be using for it yet but since I had such a reaction to it I know that I will have to make it a.s.a.p.



Freija-my Mom literally squealed in my ear when she saw it. Not really a big surprise because 1. it has lots of cables, 2. it's slightly unusual construction and placement makes it all the more striking and unique.

Let It Snow-just shouts my sister's name, this is in the running for a potential Christmas present.

Skalva-it's the perfect, easy wear garment that could have been designed for me personally. The length of it is perfect to wear with boots and and leggings. I already have a pattern by Gudrun from Twist on the needles, so I think it's time to double up.

Roheline- a circular yoke, dropped stitches, cardigan in the round and seamless. Could anything be more perfectly me? Was this issue made for me personally?!

Wingspan- OMG, cables from cuff to cuff! Not only gorgeous to look at, it's an interesting design for a knitter, since it isn't the typical bottom up or top down sweater. Plus, doesn't it look so soft and squishy? I am hesitant to sub a yarn because I want that squishiness for myself.

Okay, now I have to go back to work-put my dreams aside for another day. I have some serious Na Craga work to do before I can even think about casting on for my dream knits above. But I can download them right? Read over the patterns, drool, dream of yarns to use....it's not really cheating on my Na Craga until I cast on....speaking of which, I am working on the ribbing to the back now....downloading Twist patterns too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment