Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cragaus Interruptus

I will temporary interrupt the Na Craga Challenge posts to bring you a long finished object. I finished this easy dress at the end of winter last year. In fact, it is so easy that the pattern is called the Moorland Easy Dress. I got to wear it a total of two times before it went into hibernation for the summer. The wearable season went by so fast that I didn't even have a chance to get a picture of me in the thing before I had to put her away.



Pattern: Moorland Easy Dress by Joƫlle Meier Rioux
Needles: Addi Turbo US 6 & 7
Yarn: Vintage by Berroco (8),shade 5182

The Goddess of Foresight was with me when I picked out my Pebble Wine Dress project because sweater dresses seem to be all that this season. Lucky me, but I would have worn it regardless. I used Jean's favorite yarn in the shop, Vintage by Berroco in a lovely heather merlot shade 5182. I used about 8 skeins to knit the endless amount of moss stitch that makes the texture of the dress. It's knit bottom up in the round up to the armholes and then divided for the back and front. The sleeves were knit separately and sew in later. Although this looks like a huge project, it was actually very simple and timely. Endurance was the biggest obstacle of knitting this because there was so much fabric to create, but any beginner knitter could tackle this project and come out with a perfect finished garment.

And if you all are wondering-I am almost done with the front of Na Craga. I have about 22" of knitting out of 25" total. I hope I am not jinxing myself, but I think I will finish it tonight. I am going out in the City for my besties birthday this weekend so my mind will be settled knowing I have one large piece completed. Maybe I'll even have a preemptive margarita ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment