Friday, October 22, 2010

Waiting for Little Red....

...will be more successful than Godot. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Little Red in the City for some time now. I got a sneek peak at TNNA of all Ysolda's new beautiful sweaters, and apparently since then the collection has expanded! The book was supposed to be release in September, but word is, due to the expansion that the release date has been pushed back. Although I would love to have the collection in my hands right now I can appreciate the time that Ysolda and Sarah are putting into making sure the new collection is error-free and ready for the masses.

That being said I can't wait to making this coat, which I tried on at TNNA and haven't been able to stop thinking about the lovely thing since:



To avoid wringing my hands raw in anticipation I have been knitting some Ysolda patterns that I have been wanting to make for awhile.

Meet Emily:



It turned out pretty awesome-it's victorian gothic, steampunk looking. I LOVE it. I used madelinetosh sock in tarte. Words cannot express how much I love this yarn. Every weight, every color, it's divine.



We recently got in a shipment of madelinetosh at the shop in tosh merino light, a single-ply, superwash, fingering weight merino that knits up like a dream. I have already made three project out of it, which I can't wait to show off here. The first of which is The Orchid Thief Shawlette from Brave New Knits:



Made in colorway mare--it's a beautiful black with brown, grey and blue undertones. Yum. I have a small, hoarded pile of madelinetosh right now that I am dreaming up beautiful things for.

Many more FO are waiting in the wings to pop up here, including a new freebie design that I just finished writing in time for holiday cheer. It is a stupidly simple cowl that I made with GIANT needles and three strands of yarn. I will be posting it within the week to my Ravelry store and will have in available at the shop. I also have been working on new designs that I might not be able to show off right away-it all depends on how they progress. So far I have been surprising myself so I am excited to see if what I am envisioning and beginning will come out well. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment