Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Peak

A little taste of what I have been working on for the last week.



I ordered a few skeins of Madelinetosh DK from a Ravelry Swap or Sell and what a great deal I got. Two beautiful, buttery soft skeins arrived in my mail box a few days later. I opened the envelop and I had a moment of shining awe similar to the Pulp Fiction briefcase. Needless to say, this yarn was soul satisfying. I whipped out my favorite new book, Whimsical Little Knits 2, by my favorite designer, Ysolda Teague. I chose the Peaks Island Hood, a hooded scarf that buttons to keep it snugly in place. I couldn't help wrapping it around my head as I was making it just to see how the yarn felt in the pebbly seed stitch, yum.



My little sister is moving out to Minneapolis later this summer, which is a good thing for her but I will miss her terribly. It's a good thing she found a nice big apartment because I am going to be visiting her all the time. I have to figure out where the good second hand book stores and yarn shops are before I venture out there.

I wanted to wrap her up in my hand knits to keep her warm in the cold winter climate she is moving to. This toasted yellow wrap isn't the first but won't be the last thing I make to keep her close to me in my own way and warm. Modeled pictures to follow by a little sister begrudgingly photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment