Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Made A Hat!


Don't laugh. It's another Twilight inspired pattern. I know you're laughing, but I don't care. I just can't help myself.

So here's the story. I went to see the midnight showing of Eclipse with my sister, and even though there were screaming adolescence all over the place I STILL enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the movie so much I was inspired to recreate the hat I saw Kristen Stewart wearing.


It was oversized, tweedy, with a thick band of ribbing to pull over the ears, in my book a perfect hat. It's so perfect that it is actually unisex. I think anyone could get this hat onto a man without him guessing the source material. If you have seen or read anything Twilight related, Bella is a little bit of a wallflower when it comes to wardrobe, which is one thing I can relate to, so it's no surprise to see her wearing a hat that she could have taken from the guy's side of the GAP (I was going to say Edward's closet, but I felt myself going too far over the edge).


I took a quick screen capture of my inspiration just to have something to refer to and set out to work the next day. I wanted to make this hat as close to original as possible, so I spent most of the night straining my eyes against the computer screen to see exactly how many rows were knit in which color. I am very pleased with my finished product--I think it's as close to the original as anyone is going to get.


I finished knitting and writing up this hat in record time so it's up in my pattern shop via Ravelry now. There is also a link in my sidebar. Enjoy my peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment