Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Leaves in Spring

"Give me the splendid silent sun, with all his beams full-dazzling;
Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard;
Give me a field where the unmow’d grass grows;
Give me an arbor, give me the trellis’d grape;
Give me fresh corn and wheat—give me serene-moving animals, teaching content;
Give me nights perfectly quiet, as on high plateaus west of the Mississippi, and I looking up at the stars;
Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers, where I can walk undisturb’d..."

~ "Give Me the Splendid, Silent Sun," Leave of Grass, Walt Whitman



Today I sat out on the porch of our shop in the unusually warm weather, ate a summer salad for lunch and toyed with my newly finished, silky beret.



I was a little intimidated at first, making a lace beret with no bearing but my own desire to have the hat that was in my imagination. I have never made a lace pattern before this one, but I quickly learned that it was quite easy, possibly even more so than making a normal cap.



I think it was meant to be because all the stitches seemed to flow together without much thinking on my part, just the way I like it!

This pattern is now available for download through my Ravelry pattern shop! buy now

No comments:

Post a Comment