Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rhymes with Eek!

Has she lost her mind?! She can't CUT her knitting!

Oh, but you can....



I finally finish my first fair-isle sweater and I am quite proud of myself. Although the hardest part of making this sweater was restraining myself from cutting the neckline immediately so I could wear the damn thing. But I did, and now I have witnesses and video (as crappy as it maybe) of me steeking the neckline open.



There you have it. Easy as can be and nothing to loose your lunch over.

I also have some other fiddily fair-isle projects going on. An oldie, but a goldie from the past:



I am taking the lovely Wintergreen pattern that was used to make lovely birthday mittens a few years ago...



and extending the cuff to make extra long, lovely greenery to go up my arm. I am definitely going to teach a class for these guys. I just love them too much not to share them with as many peoples as possible.

CLASS AT THE CORNWALL YARN SHOP: THE FAIR-ISLE SERIES: WINTERGREEN MITTENS!:
March 13, 2010 @ 1:00 at the Cornwall Yarn Shop
We will be learning twisted stitches in fair-isle (color work) and afterthought thumbs.
Call 534-0383 or email cornwallyarnshop@aol.com for a spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment