Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Lunacy

I finally succumbed to the Twilight saga. After years of resistance, my curiosity finally got the best of me. I settled on reading the first 100 pages of the book to see if I liked it and I didn’t stop reading for 4 days straight. Needless to say, I have joined the masses of Twilight fans. The mass keeps growing and I am sure it indicates the apocalypse is coming soon.



Since this craziness has taken over my consciousness for the time being I am putting it to good use and working on a design for Bella’s mittens, among others, from the Twilight movies. I tried to get them as close to the originals as possible. The palm took me a little while to figure out, but I am quite happy with the results.



To use Stephanie Meyer's favorite piece of vocabulary: with chagrin, I admit to loving the series. I was completely wrong in all my previous high-minded assumptions about it. However, there were parts of the books that made me want to chuck them across the room as a little too much archaic, patriarchal Christian virtue crept into the undercurrent of the story for my liking. But I was already so invested in the story line that I let it go to continue into my delirium. If anyone out there decides to venture into Twilight I recommend have a large chunk of time carved out of your life: once you start there will be no stopping.

ETA: As of July 2nd, 2010 This pattern is available for download through Ravelry's pattern store for $4.00. buy now

3 comments:

  1. yaaaay. it's pretty crazy you've designed an entire class out of these mittens! (and by crazy i mean creative)

    i was out last night and wearing those finger-less gloves you made me (the brown ones with all the little dots of color)--i got many compliments on them. i was like, "this? this is NOTHING. you need to see the other stuff meghan makes!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :::beams:::

    It seems like these mittens are a local hit at the shop...I think I need to get the pattern copyrighted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I could see the mittens a little better, more importantly the underside? I want to see if the palm pattern matches the real ones, if I decide to buy it.

    ReplyDelete