Monday, October 6, 2008

Harvest, after the gold rush.



I am a huge Neil Young fan. So when autumn rolls around I tend to listen to him ad nauseam. The obvious first pick is Harvest, but digging through my dad's old records I pulled out Comes A Time. I blew off the dusty record player and started listening. I don't know why this isn't one of his most popular albums because it's friggin' amazing.
I know I haven' posted in awhile but that doesn't mean I haven't been making any progress. I will live up to the title of this post. I bring you my most loveliest sock I have ever made. This is the first time I have been happy about having to knit a mate to sock #1. I call her Autumn Harvest Sock [ravlink]:



I am much further along on this now. I am almost at the toe! The pattern is called Chuck's Cabled Socks by the fabulous Eunny Jang. I am using Pigeonroof Studios CIRCE sock yarn in the Harvest colorway and Louet Gems Navy. I emailed fabulous Krista to request it after drooling over someone else's Harvest socks. Many people have had trouble making these and I can see why. If you don't make the floats behind the cable and purl sections loose you will create a tourniquet instead of a sock. I deliberately went up to a 3.00mm needle to help with tension issues. I have never made a Eunny pattern with the size needle recommended.

Now onto the gold rush....:)

I finished Wisteria, but I haven't gotten a good full picture yet of me modeling it, but soon. Until then I have this lovely flat picture...



....and a close up of the finished yoke :)



After I finished Wisteria I was still on a sweater high. Luckily some beautiful Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL came into my life at just the right moment. I immediately cast-on Francis and before I knew it she was finished.




This is the fastest, easiest most rewarding sweater I have ever made. I can't stop wearing her. I highly recommend this pattern!
Pattern: Francis Revisted by Beth Silverstein
Yarn: 12 skeins Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL, colorway Pinewood
Needles: Size 10 32" Susan Bates; Size 10 Inox dpns; Size 7 24" Susan Bates
Mods: Arm decreases in place of bell sleeve, and more increases after waist.

I have many many projects on the needles. I must have been sleep knitting again because one day I looked around and had so many little projects started. I think I have been craving the fall because they mostly seem to be mittens.

Meet Apple-y Mitered Mittens in Malabrigo Worsted China Apple...



and Druid Mittens in Rowan Scottish Tweed 4-ply...



and finally Faux Bois Scarf in Punta del Este Lava Space-dyed. My first official project involving steeking...my hands are already shaking.



I am glad I have so many projects that inspire me cause Christmas is just around the corner. I doubt any of these things will ever be worn by me!

2 comments:

  1. it is a really beautiful sweater

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. i love it and can't stop wearing it. i will have to make a new one soon because i will wear it out before the fall ends.

    ReplyDelete