Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweenies Everyone!

I went buck-wild last night with my pumpkins. My mom and I went to Van Cortlandt Manor in Sleepy Hollow, NY for "The Great Jack o' Lantern Blaze" of 2008.



The month long event features over 6,000 carved pumpkins all over the grounds of the manor. Trust me when I say it's the coolest thing ever. It exceeds the wildest imagination. Adults and kids alike are entertained by this whimsical Halloween fantasy land.

Needless to say, after coming home from the event I was inspired to carve a few pumpkins of my own for Halloween night. I thought of what means to most to me at the moment and conveyed my thoughts through my pumpkins. What a hit they were with the neighborhood! The one on the left has the Obama horizion symbol and says, "Obama," and "Vote" on the sides. And the one on the right say, "Obama '08," and "Yes We Can!" underneath.







As long as they inspire thought and conversation is what I was aiming for and it succeeded. I got so many "Right on" and "Those are so amazing!" I felt my mission was accomplished. It might have also helped that I dressed up as a gypsy and blasted Bob Dylan out my window :) The sign on the door behind me says, " Gypsies for Obama '08."



Oh, and one more thing. Last night at the blaze I saw this little gem and laughed quite heartily. And yes, it says Joe the Pumpkin.



Remember to VOTE November 4th! My pumpkins will be ablaze in support until after the election!

No comments:

Post a Comment