Friday, May 16, 2008

The Glory of Top Down Knitting

Inspiration hit me hard recently. Ravelry is to blame--of course. I have been wanting to try my hand at a top down garment for awhile so I went snooping around ravelry to see what some of the amazing and talented people had come up with. Ravelry really feeds the sickness..no, the addiction. I was playing around and realized HOURS had passed while investigating, but my insanity did yield results. I came across Seealso's [ravelry] gorgeous cardigan, and knitting school dropout's beautiful new top-down, garter lovin' cardigan. After seeing these Cobblestone Pullover inspired knits I knew what my project had to be. I made a rather large purchase from Webs of Classic Elite's Four Seasons Cotton in a lovely Navy color (it was soooo cheap), and with the help of Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top, this appeared off my needles rather quickly:


This is an older picture--I have been knitting it non-stop since I started so it's way past the armholes at this point. FO posts to come very, very soon :) I am really excited about this one. I need to go to the mall to get a proper shirt to wear underneath...see, this insanity spreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment